What are the care and cleaning recommendations of the Saint-Louis tableware products?
- Cleaning by hand with a soft sponge and gentle dishwashing liquid is recommended.
- Put glasses on a paper towel to drip dry, then delicately wipe with a linen tea towel or a soft, fluff-free cloth.
- If using a dishwasher, select a moderate-temperature program, use a small amount of dishwashing powder, as opposed to liquid, gel, etc., and make sure there is enough space between products.
- Do not use dishwasher or white vinegar for products decorated with gold or platinum.
- Pieces of tableware in silver-plated and gilded metal should be cleaned by hand with a soft sponge and soapy water. They should be carefully dried after washing with a soft and dry cloth. Avoid using any material that will scratch or scuff, as well as bleach and rubber.
- For occasional cleaning, and to restore the full shine of pieces in silvered metal, it is recommended to use a specific lotion which is specifically designed for the care of these pieces. For gilded metal, we recommend using a specific cream for gold and silver gilt.
- Clean decanters and jugs with clear, lukewarm water after use. Avoid leaving wine in them. To remove marks left by tannin or calcium deposits, pour the same amount of white vinegar and lukewarm water into the object. Leave for as long as necessary, then rinse. This can also be done before use or following a period without use to preserve the radiance of crystal. To facilitate drying and avoid condensation marks, place a long strip of absorbent paper inside the product, leaving it protruding from the neck.
- To avoid thermal shock, rinse tea or coffee glasses in warm water, and cool the ice bucket, before use.
- Hand wash porcelain products with a soft sponge, lukewarm water and a non-abrasive washing-up liquid and then wiping with a soft, lint-free cloth is recommended. Do not use the abrasive side of the sponge. It is recommended to wash the porcelain with clear, lukewarm water after use and to avoid leaving tea or coffee on it.
What are the care and cleaning recommendations of the Saint-Louis decoration products?
- Carrara marble is a noble and natural material which is porous and fragile, so it requires special care. Highly sensitive to stains, we recommend that you do not leave food or liquids on the tray, and regularly clean it with a soft sponge and lukewarm water and then wipe it with a soft cloth.
- To preserve the beauty of your wood, it should be cleaned gently using a damp cloth, before polishing with a soft, dry cloth, to remove dust and stains. For persistent stains, apply a small amount of liquid (Marseille) soap using a microfiber cloth. Rince the surface immediately with a wet cloth followed by a soft, dry cloth. It is advisable to carry out a test on a hidden part of the furniture before following this procedure. Do not use abrasive, corrosive products or chemical solvents, as these can cause permanent damage to the materials and alter the protective varnish. Do not apply wax or wax-based products directly to wood coated with a matt varnish. To protect the wood, avoid exposure to heat, humidity, and very bright light.
- Please place the candle on a flat and fireproof support. Avoid placing your candle near a source of heat or any flammable materials. Avoid contact with chemical products, inflammable liquids, or aerosols. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Do not move the candle while lit. Always use candles that fit in the candlestick. Be aware that the combustion time or the temperature vary according to the candle used. Never let the candle burn more than two hours long. To prevent thermal choc, change candle when flame is 2,5 inches from crystal. Never extinguish with water. To avoid wax splashing onto the wood or crystal, it is preferable to use a candle snuffer.
What are the care and cleaning recommendations of the Saint-Louis lighting products?
- We strongly recommend a hand washing, with a soft sponge and a mild detergent, and a wiping with a soft, nonfluffy cloth. If the crystal is not separable from the electrical structure, dust it with a soft, lint-free cloth without using water. Do not use the dishwasher for products with gold or platinum decor, and for electrical lights.
- For any intervention or replacement of bulbs, it is imperative to cut the power supply.
- The satin-finished can be sensitive to grease stains; it is therefore important to handle these lampshades with clean hands. If the sandblasted crystal does get stained, it can be cleaned with a soft sponge and non-abrasive dishwashing liquid, then rinsed with clean water and wiped with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- To preserve the beauty of the paper lampshade, it is recommended to dust it regularly using a very soft bristle brush or feather duster, or by blowing cold air on it using a hair dryer. It is important not to use abrasive or corrosive products as these could irreparably damage the material. It is advisable not to expose it to humidity or direct sunlight.
- Lighting products should be placed on a flat surface to avoid any risk of tipping.
- The electrical system has not been designed for damp environments, so the lamps should not be used outdoors or in bathrooms.
- After prolonged use, avoid touching the crystal, which may remain hot.