Last updated: November 28, 2023
Compagnie des cristalleries de Saint-Louis is a French company (“Société par actions simplifiée”) having its registered office at Coëtlosquet, 57620 Saint-Louis-Lès-Bitche (France), registered with the Sarreguemines Trade and Companies Registry under number 353 438 708.
1. NOTICE AT COLLECTION; COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect two types of information: Personal Information and Other Information.
Personal Information is information:
- relating to, describing, capable of being associated with, or reasonably linkable (directly or indirectly) with you;
- that identifies or can be used to identify you;
- that can be used to authenticate you or provide access to an account through our Services; or
- that relates to you and that might be sensitive.
Personal Information includes Sensitive Personal Information (as that is defined by applicable state laws).
The table below and additional paragraphs immediately following the table are a summary of the categories of Personal Information we have collected over at least the last 12 months, the purposes for collection and use of that Personal Information, and how long we keep each category of Personal Information. If you would like to opt-out of the sale or sharing of any of the information as described below, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Our Business or Commercial Purposes for Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
|Personal Identifiers such as your name, postal/shipping address, telephone number, title, email address, and username and password
We do not sell or share your Personal Identifiers with third parties for targeted advertising on or off the Site. We use this information to:
|Demographic Information, including gender
We do not sell or share Demographic Information with third parties for targeted advertising on or off the Site. We use this information to:
Commercial Information, including order details, records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, repairs, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
We do not sell Commercial Information with third parties for targeted advertising on or off the Site. We use this information to:
|Financial Information, including billing information, payment type or method, charge or credit card number
|We do not sell or share your Financial Information. We use it only to complete a purchase, service or refund.
Device, Internet and Network Activity Information, Online Identifiers (IP Address, cookie IDs and Device ID). This include usage data of the Services (e.g., which pages of our Services were visited, the order in which they were visited, which hyperlinks were “clicked,” the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers, the URLs from which you linked to our Services, and what information and files have been downloaded to or presented through the app), information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies, aggregated information about your visits to, or use of, our Services, as well as across other sites, and various attributes associated with your device (e.g., IP address, Mac address, data and time of connection and disconnection, Internet Service Provider, installed fonts, language and browser settings, and time zone in order to create a device fingerprint or identifier so that we can recognize your device). While that information alone may not reveal your specific individual identity, we may associate this usage and Other Information we collect with Personal Information about you
We sell or share your Device, Internet and Network Activity Information, and Online Identifiers with third parties for targeted advertising on and off the Site. We also use this information to:
|General location information (e.g., zip code and IP address)
We sell or share your location information with third parties for targeted advertisements on and off the Site. We use the information to:
|Inferences drawn from Personal Identifiers, Demographic Information, and Commercial Information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s shopping preferences which may include characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes
We do not sell or share Inferences. We use this information to:
Additional Uses. We may also use all of the categories of Personal Information noted above as we believe necessary:
(1) if we determine a policy violation has occurred, to enforce our rights, or to enforce agreements;
(2) if we believe such processing is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action regarding the rights and property of ours or our affiliates;
(3) to enforce our rights or protect against unauthorized access to our systems or other inappropriate use of our services, products, or other services;
(4) to comply with laws, regulations, court orders and subpoenas or similar requests for information by authorities;
(5) to protect your safety and the safety of others;
(6) to perform audits;
(7) to contact you about Site or policy updates;
(8) for research and analytics, including to identify usage trends, and to improve and update our products and services; and
(9) to assist us in fraud prevention or investigation, all on the basis of our legitimate interest in the continuation of our commercial activities and the protection of our rights.
Aggregate or De-identified Information. We may collect, use and share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. We will maintain and use de-identified information in de-identified form and will not attempt to re-identify the information, except to make sure the information is truly de-identified.
Retention. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is needed to carry out the purposes we’ve described, or as otherwise required by law. The criteria used to determine the applicable retention period for your Personal Information includes the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you as a consumer and whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject that requires us to retain your Personal Information. For example:
- With regard to our prospects (potential customers): your data is stored for three years from your last action and then deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations;
- With regard to our customers: your data is stored for the duration of our commercial relationship and for up to ten years and then deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations; and
- With regard to the cookies used on Digital Platforms: they are stored for up to 13 months from the moment they were installed on your device.
Where we have no continuing purpose to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
2. SOURCES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and obtain information from:
Services Providers and Contractors. We work with service providers and contractors who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us, such as providing, offering and improving products and services, IT development and support, hosting and carrying out marketing and business studies and marketing campaigns, verifying your information, authenticating payments and processing orders and payments, credit reporting, fulfilment services, and delivery services. Our marketing agencies, advertising technology vendors, and analytics providers may also provide us with information about you. We only allow our service providers and contractors to collect and use your Personal Information in connection with the services they provide us and as otherwise permitted by law.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. We may use online tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and/or embedded scripts, to help us remember devices associated with users of the Site, analyze the parts of our Sites that users visit, the length of time spent at any particular area, the general geographic location of the IP address and the specific functionalities that users choose to use. Essentially, cookies are a user’s identification card for our servers. Web beacons are small graphic files linked to our servers that allow us to track your use of our Site. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with us. All of these help us remember and respond to what you do on our Site.
Other Users. We also collect information about you from other users, such as a spouse who contacts us on your behalf or from your friends who provide us with your information in order to invite you to events you may be interested in.
Publicly Available Sources. We collect information in the public domain and data available in open government databases to help us with engaging in fraud monitoring and prevention, compliance with applicable law and regulations, reviewing and processing your employment application and other information; and as otherwise permitted by law.
3. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER ENTITIES
During at least the past 12 months, we have disclosed your Personal Information outlined in the table above to the following categories of entities:
Our Employees. We disclose all categories of Personal Information listed above with Saint-Louis employees that need to have access to your Personal Information and are authorized to process them in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes and who are committed to confidentiality.
Hermès Group Companies. We disclose all categories of Personal Information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and parent, including where they act as our service providers or for their own direct marketing purposes. Please visit http://finance.hermes.com for more details about companies of Hermès group.
Service Providers and Contractors. We disclose all categories of Personal Information listed above with our service providers and contractors. These service providers and contractors may include agencies, ad networks, website developers, and other vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to our operations, payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, advertisement auditing, security and integrity of the Site, the quality and safety of the Site, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of the Site, internal research, and technical and customer support. These service providers and contractors are only using your Personal Information at our direction and on our behalf.
Government Authorities, Legal Rights and Actions. We may disclose all categories of Personal Information listed above with various government authorities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights or to protect our property; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We also may share your Personal Information when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Saint-Louis, the Services, our users, customers, or others; and in connection with our General Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements. We may also use IP address or other Device Identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet Service Providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Acquirers. We may disclose all categories of Personal Information listed above to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
Facilitating Requests. We disclose all of the categories of Personal Information listed above at your request or direction.
Consent. We disclose all of the categories of Personal Information listed above if we have let you know what information will be shared, with whom, and obtained your consent.
4. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. Your U.S. State Privacy Rights
- Access and Disclosure.You can request, up to two times every 12 months, that we disclose to you the categories of Personal Information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing your Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we have shared your Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of Personal Information we sold or disclosed. You also have the right to request a portable copy of your Personal Information.
- Correction and Deletion. You have the right to send us a request to correct or delete Personal Information we have about you, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
- Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information (Opt-out of Targeted Advertising). Under certain U.S. State Privacy Laws, you may be able to request that we not sell, or share for targeted behavioral advertising, your Personal Information. We may sell, share, and use for targeted advertising the following categories of Personal Information to companies that provide marketing and advertising services to us, as well as advertisers that place advertisements on our Services: Device, Internet, and Network Activity Information, Online Identifiers, and General Location Information. This information is shared to help us understand who our users are, so that we can sell ads on the Services and advertise and market the Services to new users. To submit a “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” request, please send us an email with your request.
- Opt-out Preference Signals; Global Privacy Control. You have the right to send us a request to opt-out of the selling and sharing of Personal Information through an opt-out preference signal. If you use an opt-out preference signal, we will apply the opt-out to the device or browser which sends the opt-out preference signal and to any consumer profile associated with that browser or device, including pseudonymous profiles. You can use an opt-out preference signal by downloading a supported browser or extension. If known, we will also treat the opt-out preference signal as a valid request to opt-out of sale/sharing for the user. Some browsers allow you to send a Do Not Track signal, an older request to block tracking of users by third parties. We may not honor these older signals.
- Sensitive Personal Information. We do not collect, use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information of consumers.
- No Financial Incentives. We do not offer any programs that would be considered a “financial incentive” for sharing your Personal Information under U.S. state privacy laws.
- No Discrimination. Hermès will not discriminate against you because you made any of these requests. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
- How to Submit a Request. To submit a request, please e-mail us or by calling us at +33 (0)3 87 06 40 04. You may also obtain information on how to submit a request in-store by asking a store manager at any of our U.S. retail locations. Also note that we may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
- How We Verify Your Identity. Whether you submit a request directly on your own behalf, or through an authorized agent, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. For example, we may utilize a verification provider to assist with verifying your identity. The verification steps may vary depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information.
In response to a verified request to access, disclose, correct, or delete, we will confirm receipt of this request within 10 business days of receipt of the request where required by law.
In response to a verified request for access and disclosure or a portable copy of your Personal Information, we will disclose and deliver the required information to you free of charge within 45 days after receiving the verifiable consumer request. We may extend this time period to deliver information once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary. We will provide notice of the extension within the first 45-day period.
Following verification of your request to delete, we may require you to separately confirm that you want your Personal Information to be deleted. We will delete the information within 45 days of receiving a verifiable consumer request (subject to certain exceptions). We may extend this time period once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary. We will provide notice of the extension within the first 45-day period. Following verification of your request to correct, we may require you to provide documentation if necessary to rebut our own documentation that the Personal Information is accurate. If we determine, based on the totality of the circumstances, that the information is not accurate, we will respond to the request by correcting the information, deleting the information (if deletion of the information does not negatively impact you), or providing you with the name of the source from which we have received the alleged inaccurate information (if we are not the source). We will correct the information within 45 days of receiving a verifiable consumer request. We may extend this time period once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary. We will provide notice of the extension within the first 45-day period.
Authorized Agent. Applicable law may permit consumers to designate authorized agents to submit requests on their behalf. Under certain applicable laws, an authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity in the applicable state that a person has authorized to act on their behalf subject to the requirements. If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit a request to know, a request to delete, or a request to correct Personal Information on your behalf, please e-mail us. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/themselves as an authorized agent. You or your authorized agent may provide us with a written power of attorney, executed by you, confirming the authority of the authorized agent with respect to your Consumer request(s).
If we have not received a power of attorney, we may require your authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit your Consumer request(s).
In addition, we may also require you to do the following directly with us:
- Verify your own identity with us;
- Confirm you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the Consumer request(s).
- Once verified, your authorized agent may act on your behalf.
- Appeals. You may have a right to appeal decisions concerning your ability to exercise your consumer rights. Please e-mail us to request an appeal concerning decisions on your consumer request.
- Users Under 16. Note that Saint-Louis is not intended for users under the age of 16. We do not knowingly sell Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. Please see our section titled “Minor Children” below for more information.
B. Promotional Communications
We do not send you promotional emails unless you have opted-in to receive these communications. If you no longer wish to receive our marketing/promotional emails (e.g., newsletters, invitations, etc.), you may opt out at any time directly from the unsubscribe link included in each promotional email we send to you. Please note that we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any products or services you have requested and our ongoing business relations. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address used to opt-out.
C. Tracking Technologies
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/, or downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
To learn more about targeted ads and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from third parties, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and turning off tracking for advertising purposes.
Most browsers allow you to control tracking tools on your web browser. You do not have to accept cookies to use our Website; however, if you disable cookies, certain functionality on our Website may be lost. Most browsers allow you to delete cookies or decline to accept cookies by going to the preferences, tools or options menus of your browser. Selections you make are device-specific and browser-specific, meaning that you should update your preferences on each device you use and within each browser. Any opt-outs through these tools are specific to the device and browser you are using, so you should opt-out for each web browser and on each device you use. Your opt-out preferences will be deleted any time you clear your web browser’s cookie cache.
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt-out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt-out options or programs.
D. Cookie Preferences
You may also utilize our Cookie Preference Center by clicking here to opt-out of certain cookie collection.
5. OTHER CONSUMER RIGHTS IN CALIFORNIA
Shine the Light. If you are a California resident, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an e-mail, or write to us at the address listed in the Contact Us section with “Shine the Light” in the head line of your communication.
Right to Erasure. If you are a California resident under 18 years old and you are registered with the Services, you can ask us to remove content or information you have posted to the Services. To make a request, e-mail us or write to us at the address listed in the Contact Us section with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the head line and tell us what you want removed. We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity as well as details about where the content is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hermès has implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures designed to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access and use. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot ensure the security of your Personal Information transmitted via the internet.
7. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
A. Data Storage Outside The European Economic Union And International Transfers
The Hermès group companies are located worldwide. As a result, Personal Information may be transferred outside the country where you are located. This includes transfers to countries outside the European Union (“EU”) and to countries that do not have laws that provide adequate protection for Personal Information according to the European Commission. To ensure lawful transfers of data, the Hermès group has implemented Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”) designed to allow Hermès group companies to transfer Personal Information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to other Hermès group companies located outside of the EEA in compliance with the European data protection law. These BCRs have been approved by the European data protection authorities. For more information on Hermès group’s BCRs, please visit this link. For countries where BCRs are not fully recognized as adequate mechanism, transfers are made on the basis of appropriate contractual clauses approved by the data protection authorities. To obtain a copy of the relevant adequate safeguards, you can send us your request (see below “Contact Us”). Please visit http://finance.hermes.com for more details about companies of Hermès group.
B. Links To Other Sites
8. MINOR CHILDREN
The Services are a general audience website and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information (as that term and similar terms are defined under applicable state and federal law) from children younger than the age of sixteen (16). We will delete any Personal Information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of sixteen (16) in accordance with our legal obligations.
9. CONTACT US
In issues relating to your account, to withdraw your consent, to ask general questions or to lodge a complaint, please contact our Customer Service:
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: +33 (0)3 87 06 40 04(toll free number available only from within the United States)